Tuesday, April 11, 2017

I Should've Just Done A Magazine

The title of this post represents my feelings accurately. I really did wish I would have done the magazine project individually because 1) I don't have to depend on others to be responsible for their part of the project 2) I get to work on my own time and 3) I get to choose the theme that I want and no one can contradict.

On the bright side, our group came up with another idea in class. Basically, It was about this lesbian couple and there are these Christian people who see them and disapprove and kidnap one of them. They got this idea because apparently in the Christian faith, it is against the religion to be a homosexual. This Christian group in our film is supposed to be apart of a cult, a system of veneration and devotion toward a particular figure or object,  that tries to get rid of the homosexual community. One of my group members thought it would be a good ideas if I was one of the lesbians in the film opening. I was okay with the idea until Nico told me that I should kiss a girl and ask which friend would be okay with it and let me tell you, that idea made me  uncomfortable to the core. But I knew that this project is huge and we don't have that much time left, so I knew just the girl to contact. My friend Sarah. I texted her asking if I could use her lips for a project, as confused as she was, she accepted anyways. So I found the person I would have to kiss, so I thought. It did not end up working out because she had to stay after school to prepare for the school musical Fame. I needed a plan B, which we did get. Alessia contacted one of her friends and they agreed to be part of the video.

Next day was friday and we were prepared to film after school. After coming home I waited for about an hour until Alessia, her friend Ana, and Nico showed up. I made it clear that I only had a couple of hours to film because my brother and I had tickets to see the school musical. We filmed what we could. We filmed a scene of Ana walking up to the door to which I open and we both hug and me grabbing her hand, taking her inside the house, Me taking her through the house to the outside, us eating a meal that I prepared, and us "kissing". filming this was incredibly difficult even though the concept was so easy. We had trouble getting the hug right, what to say, trying not to get Alessia or Nico in the shot as they filmed, and trying to fake kiss right. I ended up arriving late to Fame because we were still filming and needed to film the kissing scene, which we nailed after about 10 takes. It would have been a lot easier to film the fake kiss if it wasn't for the both of us not being friends and straight.

Saturday, Nico and Alessia came over so that we could start editing the footage that we got from the previous day. After looking at it, we realized that it was garbage. The footage just did not seem to make sense and a lot of what we had looked either cheesy or unnecessary. We then decided to re film...again. We needed to come up with another idea for like the fourth time and we had just the thing. Though it did not occur to me, one of my group mates noticed all the photos of my mom in my mom's office (where we were working) and realized that I look a lot like her. Their idea was that what if we make our opening a video about me being obsessed with my mother or something of the sort. After we talked it out, we decided that this was the best we got. We filmed me on the couch in my mom's office because it looked so serious and that's what we wanted since we wanted it to set the tone and mood for a thriller film. To get the right height for the camera, we stacked a bunch of books on my vanity chair and to have the phone be stabilized , Nico broke apart my selfie stick. My brother helped write the script that I would be using, here it is:

A seedling can not grow in the shadow of a tree from which it fell
It needs a chance to see the light
I felt...overshadowed 
I felt as though I would never have any opportunity to grow with my mother around
If I ran a mile, she ran a marathon
She always had to one up me.
I knew that with her around, I would never be able to progress
so i murdered her
I ripped the piano wire out of the baby grand in our loft, walked into her room in he dead of night, and strangles her.
As I did it, there was a feeling of relief in seeing the life pour out of her eyes
It was as if the life she was loosing was being given to me
I am not ashamed or devastated by the murder
I am proud, for now this little seedling can reach towards the sun and show the world the fruits of its tireless labor.
If you wish to find the body, it is in a brush in the everglades. My name is Caterina Wu
You can find me at 3458 Eagle Pointe Dr.
I'll be waiting for you

I rehearsed this many times while filming so that it could be one long take of me talking. After I got it right, Nico though it would be better that instead of brush, I said actual coordinated. So he looked up coordinates in the Everglades, 25 degrees 17 17.7 N  8- degrees 54  05.9 W. So Alessia filmed me again with me saying that instead of brush and that was the final take.

All we have left is to edit the video and film our CCR and we are finally done!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment