Saturday, April 1, 2017

Thank GOD for group meetings

Dear Blog,

Today was a good day in class. We got to meet with members of other groups to see what we all have come up with so far as well as give our opinions to help improve ideas. I was put into a group with Sam, Harrison, and Isabella P. I can't tell you how much they helped with our group's idea, well at least I thought personally. I told them what I have repeating throughout my blog posts: guy wakes up in the middle of the ocean confused, mysterious man on paddle board talks to him and asks question that startles and confuses the guy (basically). I also told them how there should be symbol tattoo on the paddle board guy and the scene ends with the main guy putting his hair behind his ear of something and reveals the same symbol. I explained that the symbol could mean that they are part of an organization that of course would not be revealed in the opening so that the audience would want to keep watching. They gave me ideas that were so much better than what our group was thinking. I do not recall who said what, but let me tell you their input.

Here is the input they gave me: maybe instead of being in the water, go to a crowded place and have a guy there looking confused and concerned and asking people where he is instead of him waking up in a body water and there being an ariel shot of that body of water. And with the whole symbol/tattoo thing, WHOO it's so exciting. I might not explain it well but hopefully you get the gist of it. Okay so, the guy wakes up confused and lost because his memory was wiped clean, not completely, but just the stuff the organization wanted him to forget about that company. The tattoo represents the organization that he was apart of, and the paddle board guy is affiliated with the same group. It was brought up that maybe if we wanted to keep that concept of water, the organization was taking the water and there was a small amount of water left. Another idea, suggested by Isabella Patino, was perhaps maybe the organization was in control if infants and they raise the kids a certain way and that the confused guy was part of that but he was different from the others because he was not really under the organization's control. The guy wanted to stop the organization because they were a bad group of people and when they found out that he was trying to put this organization to an end, they clear his memory so that he forgets all about it. I thought that idea was genius, original, and simply just amazing. Of course it was not just her that came up with that idea, they all helped to help shape my overall idea, they were kind of piggy-backing each other. I was so excited to tell my group members what was said during the meeting.

Nico, Alessia, and I asked Stoklosa if we could discuss our project outside the classroom so that we could have a quieter setting. I eagerly wanted to tell them what was said during my meeting session and so i explained to them what was brought up. I believe Nico wasn't a big fan of the whole government idea and I am not entirely sure how Alessia felt about it because I cannot recall. Nico was telling us how the group he was assigned to loved is idea and Alessia and I were straight up telling him that we were not fans of the idea overall because it's difficult to film in general. Nico was saying how he wants to promise something to the audience, which I think is a good idea but promise something without spoon feeding of course or else there wouldn't be anything engaging. Alessia was saying something about a japanese myth called the red string of fate which was this idea that there is an invisible red thread that connects people who are destined to meet. I thought this was a cool concept and if we were to do this route for our film, it would be meaningful. Nico thought it was a cool idea, but he seemed a little too focused on his idea and really wanted us to go with his idea. My group mates then started bickering a little and WOW I felt so uncomfortable. I was the little girl watching her parents fight, it was weird. Nico then said for us to make an outline of any ideas by the end of the day so that we could see which one is the best option. Time to see where we go from here.

Citations:

"The Legend of the Red String of Japan." Aleph. N.p., n.d. Web. 01 Apr. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment