Friday, March 31, 2017

The Struggle is Real.

How is this project going you may ask? I shall answer this question with the 3 S's: scary, saddening, and stressful. Why? BECAUSE IT IS MARCH 31ST AND WE DO NOT HAVE A CLEAR AND SOLID IDEA! We have some ideas in mind. They're not bad........but they're not good either.

Nico proposed the idea that kind of stuck,which was the guy who finds himself in the middle of the ocean, or any body of water, confused why he is there and when a mysterious guy on a paddle board approaches him and talks to him, he asks a question that startles and frightens the confused man. To be completely honest, I was not all for this idea. For starters, he proposed that the scene should end the way that it starts, which is an ariel shot of the body of water. The problem with that is, pretty much the only way we can achieve that shot is to get a drone or probably fly on a helicopter and that would be hard to do since we're lower than a low budget film and on top of that we are amateur film makers. I did not hate this idea though, I just thought a lot of things could have been added to establish more information so that they can understand what is happening, or what can happen, without spoon feeding it to them. I'm not entirely sure of this was my idea, but what I thought would be a good idea to have the guys shake hands or something of the sort to reveal a tattoo of a symbol on the stranger's wrist and it would be revealed using a close up to tell the audience(without actually telling them) that this symbol is going to be key information later on in the production. The tattoo of a symbol would represent that the stranger is part of an organization of some sort. I also thought it would be very good idea that the scene ends with the confused guy putting his hair behind his ear and a close up of the same tattoo is shown. This would make the audience thrilled and engaged, making them want to know what happened to this guy for him not to remember what happened and what the tattoo mean. Those would be my suggestions for Nico's ideas.

Now that I told you guys what thoughts the group had, I need to vent. I can't believe this is going to be my life for the next week and a half. Never have I ever felt so unhelpful, so useless, so sad. I feel poopy. I don't know if I just have bad ideas or that my ideas are just so unoriginal. Either way my ideas aren't striking out to my group and I want them to. I just want to have a good project that stands out from everyone else's but that's difficult when you don't even have a clear and attainable idea. I can barely find myself like what makes you think that I can find a decent idea. This is some tough tamales. I am suffering greatly, and probably so will this project if we do not find a good idea soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment