Friday, March 17, 2017

Another Day, Another Bad Idea

I cried today. Emotionally, not physically. Why you might ask? To which I simply answer: BECAUSE COMING UP WITH A GOOD IDEA IS H-A-R-D. 





Our group came together on Tuesday during to class to pitch some of our ideas. First, we had to think about white kind of thriller we wanted since there are different types. I proposed that maybe we make our opening a psychological thriller because many thriller movies that have good ratings are the ones that have that psychological aspect present. I suggested a psychological thriller where the main character has a psychological/ mental disorder. My group thought otherwise. Their thoughts were pointing towards  Sci-Fi thriller. Nico was thinking that maybe the main subject goes into a pool and this pool takes that subject to another world (something along those lines). He also thought of using a drone to achieve a good shot of the pool. Alessia piggy-backed on his idea and proposed that what if the guy is at a dayger (a party during the day) and he jumps into the pool and then when he gets out he's the only person there. Alessia had an idea of incorporating colors, preferably the color blue,in pretty much every shot to have color psychology, it adds interest and symbolic meaning. I forgot how it was brought up but Nico brought up the word hypnosis and then CLICK! I had a good idea, or so I thought. I was thinking maybe there is a strange event going on thats like that of Sci-Fi and then the end of the opening end with the snap of the finger to show that the subject was under hypnosis which the audience can infer that he is in a psychiatric facility or has psychological issues. I also thought about having the opening be about a cult and of course my ideas were "garbage" according to Nico, but what's new! The search for a good idea continues.


Where art thou good idea?

No comments:

Post a Comment